Hello friend 👋
I usually like to take some time to reflect on the past year and set some objectives for the year to come. For many reasons, this year's reflection was more profound than usual.
First of all, I kept fine-tuning The Unicorn CTO business to answer even more accurately the needs of CTOs and tech leaders:
- The Unicorn CTO has now fully transitioned into a subscription service with three plans (Update, Upgrade and Format).
- All plans give access to The Unicorn CTO community with over 100 active members.
- I've helped over 150 tech leaders from 15 countries become better managers, grow as leaders and overcome scaling challenges.
I'm also proud of keeping up with my writing objective, writing 36 posts in 2022 (out of 52 weeks); the most performing ones being the Dunning-Kruger Effect, Delegation Matrix and Conway’s Law flashcards.
But I also fell short of most of my other objectives:
- I did not meet my revenue target, ending the year with a 20% decrease compared to 2021. This is partly due to the current economic conditions and partly because I'm a one-person operation, and I only sometimes prioritise pipeline building.
- Even though I started boxing every week, I again did not prioritise energy generation and finished the year as I started it: exhausted.
For 2023, I am determined to do things differently. I'm currently evaluating several options to provide more value to clients while guaranteeing a high level of quality. I'm also interested in exploring being more involved operationally if necessary (going beyond advising). I am excited about 2023, as I believe it will bring many changes.
In any case, I wish you a wonderful new year 🎉 May it be beaming and healthy for you and your loved ones!
Thanks for reading!
Whenever you're ready, there are three ways I can help you (or your team):
- The Unicorn CTO - Update: yearly access to 50+ original content, personalised learning paths, a curated library and a community of 100+ CTOs and engineering leaders.
- The Unicorn CTO - Upgrade: everything in the Update plan + weekly live workshops (40+ per year) and ad hoc office hours with me.
- The Unicorn CTO - Format: everything the Upgrade plan + one-on-one coaching with me.
P.S.: don't take my word for it; check out what our members say.
The Unicorn CTO Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.